ELKHART LAKE, Wis. - Road-race qualifying rules for NASCAR Nationwide Series Bucyrus 200 at Road America:
- Cars were assigned a qualifying group based on their first official practice times (from Friday’s Practice 1).
- There are six groups; the first group consists of eight cars, the remaining five groups have seven cars.
- Each qualifying group will be approximately seven minutes in length. A drivers’ best lap time during his group will be the lap time of record.
- Time begins when the first car receives the green flag at the start/finish line.
- Time will only stop in the event of a red flag during a group. Time will then begin when the first car retakes the green flag.
- A car must qualify in its assigned group unless designated by the series director.
- Once a car enters pit road or service area it may not re-enter the qualifying group.
- A five-minute clock may be applied to a car that does not enter the originally assigned qualifying group at the designated time.