INDIANAPOLIS (July 23, 2010) – Carl Edwards announced during a media session at Indianapolis Motor Speedway today that he does not intend to appeal NASCAR’s imposed penalties against himself and Brad Keselowski. Team owner Jack Roush said the team supports Edward’s decision and will similarly not appeal the owner’s penalty.
"We have been and remain supportive of Carl and his reaction to what happened between him and Brad on the final lap at Gateway," said Roush. "Carl felt he did what was appropriate at the time, but upon reflection he understands why NASCAR felt they needed to step in and temper the situation with he and Brad.
"He accepts the penalty and has asked that we not take any action to appeal the sanctions. It is our hope that he and Brad will continue to battle each week – hopefully within the boundaries that NASCAR deems acceptable – just as they have for wins and the championship.
"We are ready to put this behind us and get to ORP (O’Reilly Raceway Park)," added Roush. "We had our best night of the season in the Nationwide Series at Gateway last week - with all four of our cars finishing inside the top 10, and that fact has really been overshadowed in all of this. We were able to win this race last year and we would certainly like to repeat that feat this Saturday night."
Edwards is the defending winner at O’Reilly Raceway Park, where Roush Fenway has posted two career wins in Nationwide Series action and four NASCAR wins overall.